Frequently asked questions
Here's what most patients want to know
Dysport is most commonly used as a cosmetic treatment for lines and wrinkles in the face as a result of aging. They are also used for dynamic lines, which are facial lines caused by repeated movements such as smiling, frowning, wrinkling the brow, and even laughing. This results in a smoother, more youthful look.
Dysport and Botox are used to treat and prevent wrinkles in adults. These noninvasive injections help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles by relaxing the underlying muscles beneath the skin. By relaxing and stilling the muscles, the skin above them turns smoother.
Dysport is usually priced per unit. Different areas of the face require different amounts of units. it takes more Dysport units than BOTOX units to achieve the same goal. The two products are measured on totally different scales. The procedure may cost anywhere from $300 to$1500, depending on where you want it injected and how much Dysport is needed.
- It Really Works: Dysport has been proven to work and is FDA-approved. Not only does it work, it practically erases wrinkles for up-to 5 months.
- Natural Looking: You can achieve a very natural-looking end result because such a small amount of Dysport is injected.You can still smile, laugh, and frown naturally while enjoying the absence of lines or wrinkles.
- There Is No Downtime: In most cases, there is no downtime with Dysport. Some patients may have tiny bruises on the places where the needle hit the skin, but that is about it.
- The Results Are Quick: You will see the results of Dysport within 2-7 days but it will take 2 weeks to see the full result.
- It’s Not Permanent: You can decide whether you want to continue doing Dysport or you would rather go to the way things were. Dysport gradually wears off in several months and you will return to your pre-treatment appearance.
- The Benefits of Dysport Are Not Just Aesthetic: The primary purpose of aesthetic Dysport is erasing wrinkles, but it can also reduce excessive sweating, relax muscle pain, and help with migraine relief. For those patients who grind their teeth during the night, Dysport can be the solution as well.
- Provides A Better Quality Of Life: Lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin can make you feel self-conscious as you interact with others or look in the mirror. This injection can boost yourself-confidence and help improve how you feel about your appearance. And if you are experiencing more serious spasmodic conditions, the injection can be the therapy you need to find relief from spasms and painfully stiff muscles for months at a time.
- It’s Not Permanent: If you like your Dysport results, you will have to have it injected at least twice a year to maintain the wrinkle-free look. The results usually last 3-4 months, and that’s how often you will need to receive your injections.
- Some Facial Expressions May Be Lost: When improperly injected, Dysport may cause the appearance of a constantly frowned or surprised look or prevent squinting. Basically, it can lead to a lack of proper facial expression.
- It’s Costly: Paying for Dysport several times a year is not exactly a walk in the park. The procedure may cost anywhere from $250 to $1500, depending on where you want it injected and how much Dysport is needed.
- It Can Take Several Tries: Sometimes patients don’t get amazing results after their first Dysport and may need to come back for a touchup. However, this rarely happens with experienced injectors who know their Dysport and facial anatomy.
- There Can Be Side Effects: The most common potential side effects include pain, swelling, and redness near the injection sites. Less often, Dysport causes eyelid drooping, vision problems, headache, tiredness, and allergic reactions.
Your first Dysport appointment will likely be quick and easy. Typically, the entire treatment is completed in 20 minutes or less. Here’s a detailed list of what to expect from beginning to end of the treatment:
- You and the specialist will review what was discussed at your consultation appointment including how much Dysport you’re getting and in which areas.
- The specialist will carefully identify and mark the areas to be treated.
- If you’re concerned about discomfort, the specialist will use ice or a numbing cream to numb the targeted area(s).
- The specialist will use a very thin needle to inject very small amounts of Dysport Cosmetic into the affected areas of the face or area of the body to be treated..
- The results of Dysport will kick in within 2-7 days but it will take 2 weeks to see the full effect.